Faulkner’s Light Brigade
Open House 2023
Saturday, September 2, 2023
(Inclement Weather Date, Saturday, September 9)
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Boats must anchor off the west side of the island.
Monitor marine Channel 68, call “Old Salt” advising your need to be transported to the island.
The boat taxi will pick you up and bring you and your crew to the dock. We are anticipating a large number of boats, please allow safe distancing between boats and please be patient.
Please note only small dinghies and kayaks will be able to to use the beach for landing, this area is located north of the dock.
High tide 1:30pm.
- This is a joint venture of Faulkner’s Light Brigade, the United States Fish and Wildlife Service and the United States Coast Guard
- A WATER TAXI provided by Thimble Island Cruises WILL TRANSPORT PRIVATE BOATERS THAT ANCHOR WEST OF THE ISLAND FROM 10:00 A.M. UNTIL 4:00 P.M.
- NO PRIVATE VESSELS WILL BE ALLOWED INTO THE ISLAND BOAT BASIN AT ANY TIME
- Kayaks, canoes, dinghies and other small vessels will be allowed to beach their crafts just north of the island boat basin from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
- Everyone’s safety is our primary concern. Inclement weather and/or high seas will cancel the event. Closed toe shoes are required.
- Cancellation information will be posted on the FLB web site (this website) and Facebook page: https://facebook.com/faulknerslightbrigade
- • Financial donations are suggested. A donation of $20.00 for all adult guests and $10.00 for children 12 and under. All Donations will be used for the FLB’s basic mission of restoration and maintenance of the lighthouse